An Express Scripts 2014 Drug Trend Report stated that ‘shadow pricing, low margins, high medical liability, a cumbersome FDA approval process, a generic backlog at the FDA, and industry mergers are all factors that have led to shortages and steep price increases.’ Ensuring access in the US to acne and rosacea treatment has reached a catastrophic point that will require collaboration among dermatologists, all AARS Members, acne and rosacea patients, AARS Corporate Benefactors, and other partners in the healthcare system.
What Is the Access Initiative?
The Access initiative aims at increasing education to insurers, healthcare professionals and ultimately, increasing prescription coverage for acne and rosacea patients. Under the leadership of AARS President, Dr. Julie Harper, this may be the biggest undertaking of the Society to date to benefit the clinician and to provide the best possible communication and positive outcomes for acne and rosacea patients.
What You Can Do Right Now to Join with the AARS to Save Acne and Rosacea
- We invite you to join thousands of others to sign the Declaration to Save Acne and submit this to us. If we can show the insurance community how many signatures we have and continue to gather, they can’t ignore us!
- Ask about including members of the AARS Managed Care Task Force to collaborate with industry and other partners to educate the insurance companies about the importance of treating acne and rosacea! This helps to provide clinician and patient perspectives on the burden of disease and will continue to position acne and rosacea as conditions that need early diagnosis and individualized treatment!
- Take the time to educate yourself, your colleagues and patients on the AARS Acne and Rosacea publications. Click on our website under Medical Professionals to read more!
- Subscribe to our Hot Topics Newsletter to stay informed! Click here to become an AARS member and receive our bimonthly newsletter on industry news, recent articles, and patient counseling tips!
- Donate to AARS – your monetary donations continue to help our cause! Click here to donate now through PayPal!
- Select AARS as your AmazonSmile charity of choice. When you shop on Amazon, they’ll donate a portion of your shipping to the AARS – it’s free to you and all you need to do is keep shopping!