The AARS online Hot Topics Newsletter is an exclusive AARS member benefit!
This is a semi-monthly compilation of peer-review literature and online updates in acne and rosacea covering industry press, new medical research and what patients and your peers are talking about in patient counseling tips.
You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Encourage your patients to visit our online Clinical Trials Search page on our website at: https://acneandrosacea.org/research/clinical-trials
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit relevant clinical trials you offer in your office that acne, rosacea and hidradenitis suppurativa patients need to know about!
- Former pharma exec nominated for top HHS post.
- BioPharmX receives concurrence from FDA on phase 3 acne study plans.
New Medical Research
- MABp1 targeting interleukin-1alpha for moderate to severe hidradenitis suppurativa not eligible for adalimumab: A randomized study.
- Heritability and GWAS analyses of acne in australian adolescent twins.
- PPARγ Pro12Ala and C161T polymorphisms in patients with acne vulgaris: Contribution to lipid and lipoprotein profile.
- The antimicrobial effect of CEN1HC-Br against propionibacterium acnes and its therapeutic and anti-inflammatory effects on acne vulgaris.
- Real-world efficacy of azelaic acid 15% gel for the reduction of inflammatory lesions of rosacea.
- Standard classification and pathophysiology of rosacea: The 2017 update by the National Rosacea Society Expert Committee.
- Towards global consensus on core outcomes for hidradenitis suppurativa research: An update from the HISTORIC consensus meetings I and II.
- Efficacy of microneedling with 70% glycolic acid peel vs microneedling alone in treatment of atrophic acne scars-A randomized controlled trial.
- Antibacterial activity of gold nanorods against staphylococcus aureus and propionibacterium acnes: misinterpretations and artifacts.
- IL-36 in hidradenitis suppurativa: Evidence for a distinctive pro-inflammatory role and a key factor in the development of an inflammatory loop.
- Targeted treatments for hidradenitis suppurativa: A review of the current literature and ongoing clinical trials.
- Role of topical oxymetazoline for management of erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
- Assessing the need for a comprehensive acne quality-of-life scale for face and torso acne.
- Evidence-based update on rosacea comorbidities and their common physiologic pathways.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa and diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Obesity and risk for incident rosacea in US women.
- Severe rosacea: A case report.
- Review of current immunologic therapies for hidradenitis suppurativa.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- Association of resilience with depression and health-related quality of life for patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Pain, psychological comorbidities, disability, and impaired qualify of life in hidradenitis suppurativa.