The AARS online Hot Topics Newsletter is an exclusive AARS member benefit!
This is a semi-monthly compilation of peer-review literature and online updates in acne and rosacea covering industry press, new medical research and what patients and your peers are talking about in patient counseling tips.
You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- EADV touts specific acne quality-of-life tools: EADV experts recommend six quality-of-life measures including the DLQI and Skindex-29 for acne treatment and research.
New Medical Research
- A feasibility study for a triple-blind randomized controlled trial investigating the effects of oral isotretinoin on mood and quality of life in patients with acne vulgaris.
- Use of supplementary patient education material increases treatment adherence and satisfaction among acne patients receiving adapalene 0.1%/benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel in primary care clinics: a multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical study.
- Silicone gel enhances the efficacy of Er:YAG laser treatment for atrophic acne scars: a randomized, split-face, evaluator-blinded, placebo-controlled, comparative trial.
- The preadolescent acne microbiome: A prospective, randomized, pilot study investigating characterization and effects of acne therapy.
- Pharmacokinetic comparison of once-daily topical minocycline foam 4% vs. oral minocycline for moderate-to-severe acne.
- Studies on staphylococcus aureus isolated from pimples.
- Efficacy and tolerability of liposomal polyvinylpyrrolidone-iodine hydrogel for the localized treatment of chronic infective, inflammatory, dermatoses: an uncontrolled pilot study.
- Acne, sexual orientation, and mental health among young adults in the United States: A population-based, cross-sectional study.
- Demographic and healthcare service utilization by 4,417 patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Dietary supplements, iIsotretinoin, and liver toxicity in adolescents: A retrospective case series.
- Use of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) microspheres collagen to treat atrophic acne scars.
- Incidence of hidradenitis suppurativa among tobacco smokers: a population based retrospective analysis in the United States.
- Increased suicide risk in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- New treatments up the ante against acne.
- Cultural competence for the 21st century dermatologist practicing in the United States.