You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Novan plans to complete development of SB204 acne candidate via third party funding and execution.
New Medical Research
- Topical 15% resorcinol for hidradenitis suppurativa: An uncontrolled prospective trial with clinical and ultrasonographic follow-up.
- Novel device-based acne treatments: comparison of a 1,450-nm diode laser and micro-needling radiofrequency on mild to moderate acne vulgaris and seborrhea in Korean patients through a 20-week prospective, randomized, split-face study.
- Comparative study of buffered 50% glycolic acid (pH 3.0) + 0.5% salicylic acid solution vs. Jessner's solution in patients with acne vulgaris.
- Serum homocysteine levels in acne patients.
- An extension of a multicenter, randomized, split-face clinical trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of chromophore gel-assisted blue light phototherapy for the treatment of acne.
- Clinical behavior of a cohort of adult women with facial acne treated with combined oral contraceptive: ethinylestradiol 20 µg/dienogest 2 mg.
- Diagnostic accuracy of pediatric teledermatology using parent-submitted photographs: A randomized clinical trial.
- Using normal and high pulse coverage with picosecond laser treatment of wrinkles and acne scarring: Long term clinical observations.
- Decrease in diversity of propionibacterium acnes phylotypes in patients with severe acne on the back.
- Longitudinal observational study of hidradenitis suppurativa: impact of surgical intervention with adjunctive biologic therapy.
- A cross-sectional epidemiological study of hidradenitis suppurativa in an Irish population.
- Population-based clinical practice research Datalink study using algorithm modeling to identify the true burden of hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Skin barrier and microbiome in acne.
- Cutibacterium (formerly propionibacterium) acnes infections associated with implantable devices.
- PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT OF ACNE FOR CLINICIANS An International Consensus from the Global Alliance to Improve Outcomes in Acne.
- Rosacea and alcohol intake.
- Management of severe acne vulgaris with topical therapy.
- Lasers, light, and the treatment of acne: A comprehensive review of the literature.
- Comorbidities in rosacea: A systematic review and update.
- An atypical localized form of hidradenitis suppurativa of the jawline and neck mimicking severe cystic acne on presentation.
- Algorithm for acne treatment: Ibero-Latin American consensus.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- Recommending efficacious cleansers for your patients.
- Debunking acne myths: Does back acne need to be treated?