You don’t need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
AARS Special Highlight
- Please see recently published data from former AARS Grantee Dr. Alison Paine!
- Cutera’s AviClear now broadly available to US physicians and practitioners.
New Medical Research
- Evaluation of the efficacy and relapse rates of treatment protocols for moderate acne using isotretinoin based on the global acne grading system: Randomized, controlled, comparative study.
- Microneedling combined with botulinum toxin-A versus microneedling combined with platelet-rich plasma in treatment of atrophic acne scars: A comparative split face study.
- Efficacy of microneedling with 35% glycolic acid peels versus microneedling with 15% trichloroacetic acid peels in treatment of atrophic acne scars: A randomized controlled trial.
- Patient preferences for acne vulgaris treatment and barriers to care: A survey study.
- Racial/ethnic variations in acne: A practical algorithm for treatment and maintenance, including skincare recommendations for skin of color patients with acne.
- Value of high-frequency ultrasound in the treatment of moderate and severe acne vulgaris.
- Ivermectin treatment in rosacea: How novel smartphone technology can support monitoring rosacea-associated signs and symptoms.
- A randomized split-face comparative study of long-pulsed alexandrite plus low-fluence Nd:YAG laser versus pulsed-dye laser in the treatment of rosacea.
- Anti-IL-17A blockade did not significantly reduce inflammatory lesions in a placebo-controlled pilot study in adult patients with moderate to severe acne.
- The relevant of sex hormone levels and acne grades in patients with acne vulgaris: A cross-sectional study in Beijing.
- Oral zinc as a novel adjuvant and sparing therapy for systemic isotretinoin in acne vulgaris: A preliminary comparative study.
- A split face comparative study to evaluate the efficacy of 40% pyruvic acid vs. microdermabrasion with 40% pyruvic acid on biomechanical skin parameters in the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Efficacy of diammonium glycyrrhizinate in the treatment of rosacea with papules and pustules: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Severe papulopustular rosacea successfully treated with a combination of oral azithromycin and isotretinoin.
- Analysis of the epidemiological burden of acne vulgaris in China based on the data of global burden of disease 2019.
- Treatment strategies, including antibiotics, to target the immune component of rosacea.
- Tofacitinib for the treatment of erythematotelangiectatic and papulopustular rosacea: A retrospective case series.
- Utilization of light-emitting diodes for skin therapy: Systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Use of patient-reported outcomes in acne vulgaris and rosacea clinical trials from 2011 to 2021: A systematic review.
- Prevalence and demographics of truncal involvement among acne patients: Survey data and a review of the literature.
- Minocycline-induced gum pigmentation during treatment for acne vulgaris.
- Acne vulgaris, atopic dermatitis and rosacea: The role of the skin microbiota-A review.
- Treatment and maintenance of cutaneous rosacea in Latino skin types with prescription medications and non-prescription cleansers and moisturizers as adjuncts: A review.
- A rare case of acne medication-induced drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms.