AARS Special Highlight
- Please see recently published data from former AARS Grantee Dr. Alison Paine!
- Cutera’s AviClear now broadly available to US physicians and practitioners.
New Medical Research
- Evaluation of the efficacy and relapse rates of treatment protocols for moderate acne using isotretinoin based on the global acne grading system: Randomized, controlled, comparative study.
- Microneedling combined with botulinum toxin-A versus microneedling combined with platelet-rich plasma in treatment of atrophic acne scars: A comparative split face study.
- Efficacy of microneedling with 35% glycolic acid peels versus microneedling with 15% trichloroacetic acid peels in treatment of atrophic acne scars: A randomized controlled trial.
- Patient preferences for acne vulgaris treatment and barriers to care: A survey study.
- Racial/ethnic variations in acne: A practical algorithm for treatment and maintenance, including skincare recommendations for skin of color patients with acne.
- Value of high-frequency ultrasound in the treatment of moderate and severe acne vulgaris.
- Ivermectin treatment in rosacea: How novel smartphone technology can support monitoring rosacea-associated signs and symptoms.
- A randomized split-face comparative study of long-pulsed alexandrite plus low-fluence Nd:YAG laser versus pulsed-dye laser in the treatment of rosacea.
- Anti-IL-17A blockade did not significantly reduce inflammatory lesions in a placebo-controlled pilot study in adult patients with moderate to severe acne.
- The relevant of sex hormone levels and acne grades in patients with acne vulgaris: A cross-sectional study in Beijing.
- Oral zinc as a novel adjuvant and sparing therapy for systemic isotretinoin in acne vulgaris: A preliminary comparative study.
- A split face comparative study to evaluate the efficacy of 40% pyruvic acid vs. microdermabrasion with 40% pyruvic acid on biomechanical skin parameters in the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Efficacy of diammonium glycyrrhizinate in the treatment of rosacea with papules and pustules: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Severe papulopustular rosacea successfully treated with a combination of oral azithromycin and isotretinoin.
- Analysis of the epidemiological burden of acne vulgaris in China based on the data of global burden of disease 2019.
- Treatment strategies, including antibiotics, to target the immune component of rosacea.
- Tofacitinib for the treatment of erythematotelangiectatic and papulopustular rosacea: A retrospective case series.
- Utilization of light-emitting diodes for skin therapy: Systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Use of patient-reported outcomes in acne vulgaris and rosacea clinical trials from 2011 to 2021: A systematic review.
- Prevalence and demographics of truncal involvement among acne patients: Survey data and a review of the literature.
- Minocycline-induced gum pigmentation during treatment for acne vulgaris.
- Acne vulgaris, atopic dermatitis and rosacea: The role of the skin microbiota-A review.
- Treatment and maintenance of cutaneous rosacea in Latino skin types with prescription medications and non-prescription cleansers and moisturizers as adjuncts: A review.
- A rare case of acne medication-induced drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms.