You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Dermatology has a problem with skin color.
- Cassiopea receives FDA approval for Winlevi® (clascoterone cream 1%), first-in-class topical acne treatment targeting the androgen receptor.
- Galderma launches new rosacea public awareness campaign.
New Medical Research
- The effects of once-daily tretinoin 0.05% lotion on quality of life in patients with moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris.
- Effectiveness and safety of 2940nm multifractionaler: YAG laser on acne scars.
- Efficacy and tolerability of a cream containing modified glutathione (GSH-C4), beta-Glycyrrhetic and azelaic acids in mild-to-moderate rosacea: A pilot, assessor-blinded, VISIA and ANTERA 3-D analysis, two-center study (The "Rosazel" Trial).
- Efficacy and safety of a new topical gel formulation containing retinol encapsulated in glycospheres and hydroxypinacolone retinoate, an antimicrobial peptide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid and niacinamide for the treatment of mild acne: Preliminary results of a 2-month prospective study.
- Clinical selection criteria in new clinical trials of hidradenitis suppurativa: external validity and implications on the daily clinical practice.
- Efficacy and tolerability of low-dose spironolactone and topical benzoyl peroxide in adult female acne: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Inhibitory effects of a sargassum miyabei yendo on cutibacterium acnes- induced skin inflammation.
- Extracts from cephalaria uralensis (murray) roem. & schult. and cephalaria gigantea (ledeb.) bobrov as potential agents for treatment of acne Vulgaris: Chemical characterization and in vitro biological evaluation.
- Sarecycline interferes with tRNA accommodation and tethers mRNA to the 70S ribosome.
- Active pharmaceutical ingredient poly(ionic liquid)-based microneedles for the treatment of skin acne infection.
- Clinical and non-invasive instrumental evaluation of the efficacy of a non-steroid anti-inflammatory 8-beta Glycyrrhetinic Acid cream for the treatment of erythema in rosacea.
- Antibiotic resistance in acne: Mechanisms, complications and management.
- Isotretinoin in the management of acne vulgaris: Practical prescribing.
- Serum zinc levels and efficacy of zinc treatment in acne vulgaris: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Recent advances regarding the therapeutic potential of adapalene.
- Spironolactone in dermatology: Uses in acne and beyond.
- Sarecycline: A review of preclinical and clinical evidence.
- Doxycycline-induced autoimmune hepatitis.
- A meta-analysis of fractional CO 2 laser combined with PRP in the treatment of acne scar.
- Oral metformin for treating dermatological diseases: A systematic review.