You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- UCB, Stanford Medicine partner to seek new ways to treat HS, other diseases.
- Sun Pharma’s interactive resources help teens and young adults to Take on Acne.
New Medical Research
- Antibiotic resistant Cutibacterium acnes among acne patients in Jordan: a cross sectional study.
- Serum concentration and skin expression of S100A7 (psoriasin) in patients suffering from hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Combined low-dose isotretinoin and pulsed dye laser versus standard-dose isotretinoin in the treatment of inflammatory acne.
- Isotretinoin and risk of cardiovascular events in adults with acne: A population-based retrospective cohort study.
- Facial flushing and erythema of rosacea improved by carvedilol.
- The effect of acne on quality of life, social appearance anxiety, and use of conventional, complementary, and alternative treatments.
- Nanostructured lipid carriers for hair follicle-targeted delivery of clindamycin and rifampicin to hidradenitis suppurativa treatment.
- Saponin fraction from Sapindus mukorossi Gaertn as a novel cosmetic additive: Extraction, biological evaluation, analysis of anti-acne mechanism and toxicity prediction.
- Effects of tazarotene 0.045% lotion on quality of life in patients with moderate-to-severe acne.
- Fractional carbon dioxide laser-assisted delivery of lyophilized-growth factors is a promising treatment modality of post-acne scars.
- Cross-sectional study of beliefs, perceptions, knowledge of treatment modalities and willingness to pay for acne scar treatment in acne patients.
- Influence of lactoferrin on Propionibacterium acnes-induced inflammation in vitro and in vivo.
- A double-blinded, randomized, vehicle-controlled study of the efficacy of moisturizer containing licochalcone a, decanediol, l-carnitine, and salicylic acid for prevention of acne relapse in Asian population.
- Updates on treatment guidelines for psoriasis, atopic dermatitis (eczema), hidradenitis suppurativa, and acne/rosacea during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Childhood rosacea and related disorders.
- Long-term antibiotic use for the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa consistent with guideline recommendations.
- The efficacy of fractional CO 2 laser in acne scar treatment: A meta-analysis.
- SAPHO syndrome: the supposed trigger by isotretinoin, the efficacy of adalimumab and the specter of depressive disorder: A case report.
- Systematic review to identify and appraise patient-reported outcome measures on treatment satisfaction in acne.
- Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea: The combination of 0.5% brimonidine tartrate gel and broadband pulse light therapy to reverse its effects.
- Rosacea and the microbiome: A systematic review.
- Rosacea treatment: Review and update.
- Diversity and composition of the skin, blood and gut microbiome in rosacea-a systematic review of the literature.
- Oral isotretinoin for the treatment of dermatologic conditions other than acne: a systematic review and discussion of future directions.
- The efficacy and effectiveness of non-ablative light-based devices in hidradenitis suppurativa: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Oral tetracyclines and acne: A systematic review for dermatologists.
- A novel antibiotic just for acne.
- Choosing the right partner: Complementing prescription acne medication with over-the-counter cleansers and moisturizers.
- The deregulation of NOTCH pathway, inflammatory cytokines, and keratinization genes in two Dowling-Degos disease patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.