You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Prescriber’s Choice launches “PC Direct” and “PC Delivers”.
- Telehealth and Coding Tips form the AAD.
New Medical Research
- Picosecond-domain fractional laser treatment over hyaluronic acid fillers: In vivo and clinical studies.
- Open-label, long-term extension study to evaluate the safety of clascoterone (CB-03-01) cream, 1% BID in subjects with acne vulgaris.
- Fractional carbon dioxide laser combined with intradermal injection of autologous platelet-rich plasma versus noncross-linked hyaluronic acid in the treatment of atrophic postacne scars: A split face study.
- Segmentation methods for acne vulgaris images: Proposal of a new methodology applied to fluorescence images.
- Efficacy of oral zinc and nicotinamide as maintenance therapy for mild-moderate hidradenitis suppurativa: a controlled retrospective clinical study.
- In vitro activity and formulation of a flavonoid-containing cashew pulp extract for the topical treatment of acne and the protection of skin against premature aging.
- Efficacy and safety of topical clascoterone cream, 1%, for treatment in patients with facial acne: Two phase 3 randomized clinical trials.
- The effects of a standardized extract of centella asiatica on postlaser resurfacing wound healing on the face: A split-face, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.
- Do acne treatments affect insulin-like growth factor-1 serum levels? A clinical and laboratory study on patients with acne vulgaris.
- Evaluation of nasal mucociliary clearance, nasal obstruction symptom evaluation, and epistaxis severity score in isotretinoin treatment.
- Efficacy of topical timolol 0.5% in the treatment of acne and rosacea: A multicentric study.
- A novel homozygous c.67C>T variant in retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4) associated with retinitis pigmentosa and childhood acne vulgaris.
- A new class of topical acne treatment addressing the hormonal pathogenesis of acne.
- The use of guselkumab 100mg every 4 weeks on patients with HS and a literature review.
- Successful treatment of sapho syndrome and HS: A therapeutic challenge.
- Use of permethrin in the treatment of rosacea fulminans during pregnancy: One case report.
- Adverse events related to topical drug treatments for acne vulgaris.
- Telemedicine and support groups in order to improve the adherence to treatment and health related quality of life in patients affected by inflammatory skin conditions during COVID-19 emergency.
- Plant extracts as a natural source of bioactive compounds and potential remedy for the treatment of certain skin diseases.
- External application of herbal medicines for acne vulgaris: A systematic review and meta analysis.
- Doxycycline Hyclate.