You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Almirall and University of Michigan collaborate to gain understanding of disease drivers in hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Novan, Inc. acquires EPI Health.
New Medical Research
- Efficacy of individualized homeopathic medicines in treatment of acne vulgaris: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.
- Ex vivo culture models of hidradenitis suppurativa for defining molecular pathogenesis and treatment efficacy of novel drugs.
- A prospective, randomized, split-face study of concomitant administration of low-dose oral isotretinoin with 30% salicylic acid chemical peeling for the treatment of acne vulgaris in Asian population.
- A split face study on the effect of an anti-acne product containing fermentation products of enterococcus faecalis CBT SL-5 on skin microbiome modification and acne improvement.
- Minocycline suppresses lipogenesis via inhibition of p300 histone acetyltransferase activity in human SZ95 sebocytes.
- Minimum contact time of 1.25%, 2.5%, 5%, and 10% benzoyl peroxide for a bactericidal effect against cutibacterium acnes.
- Acne information on Instagram: Quality of content and the role of dermatologists on social media.
- In vitro rheology predicts improved spreadability of tazarotene 0.045% lotion versus trifarotene 0.005% cream.
- A randomized, double blinded, split-face study of the efficacy of using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with anti-inflammatory agent to reduce post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after picosecond laser.
- Biophysical and biological tools to better characterize the stability, safety and efficacy of a cosmeceutical for acne-prone skin.
- Rosacea, an infectious disease: why rosacea with papulopustules should be considered a demodicosis. A narrative review.
- Efficacy and safety of topical resorcinol 15% versus topical clindamycin 1% in the management of mild-to-moderate hidradenitis suppurativa: A retrospective study.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa in sexual and gender minorities: A review and considerations for providers.
- The impact of racial differences on treatment strategies in hidradenitis suppurativa: A retrospective review.
- Diagnosing and managing hidradenitis suppurativa in pediatrics.
- Combined effect of microneedling and platelet-rich plasma for the treatment of acne scars: A meta-analysis.
- Efficacy and safety of dapsone gel for acne: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- A systematic review and meta-analysis on the effects of the ultra-pulse CO2 fractional laser in the treatment of depressed acne scars.