You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Galderma and Aklief unveil "Me Being Me" campaign, survey results on acne Zoom burden.
- Ortho Dermatologics opens applications for 2021 Aspire Higher scholarship program.
New Medical Research
- Hidradenitis suppurativa in the pediatric population: An international, multicenter, retrospective, cross-sectional study of 481 pediatric patients.
- Clinical evaluation of the efficacy of a facial serum containing dioic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, LHA, citric acid and HEPES in treating post-inflammatory hyperchromia and controlling oily skin in patients with acne vulgaris.
- Combination of 5-Aminolevulinic acid photodynamic therapy and isotretinoin to treat moderate-to-severe acne.
- Zinc(II) complexes of amino acids as new active ingredients for anti-acne dermatological preparations.
- Vulvar hidradenitis suppurativa: Clinical cross-sectional study of 25 patients.
- Oral clindamycin and rifampicin in the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa-acne inverse in pediatric age: a pilot, prospective study.
- A comparative study between once-weekly and alternating twice-weekly regimen using blue (470 nm) and red (640 nm) light combination led phototherapy for moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris.
- Clascoterone: A novel topical androgen receptor inhibitor for the treatment of acne.
- Epithelialized tunnels are a source of inflammation in hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Effects of topical hydrogen purification on skin parameters and acne vulgaris in adult women.
- Differences in depression and distress between acne patients on isotretinoin vs oral antibiotics.
- Effectiveness of CO2 laser therapy in treating acne depressed scar: A protocol of systematic review.
- Role of microneedling in atrophic post-acne scars: An experience from a tertiary care hospital.
- Comparing the efficacy of intra-dermal platelet rich plasma (prp) versus 50% trichloracetic acid (tca) using cross technique for atrophic acne scars.
- Clascoterone cream (1%) topical androgen receptor inhibitor for the treatment of acne in patients 12 years and older.
- Rosacea, germs, and bowels: A review on gastrointestinal comorbidities and gut-skin axis of rosacea.
- A systematic review of n-acetylcysteine (NAC) for treatment of acne vulgaris and acne-related associations and consequences: Focus on clinical studies.
- Long-standing refractory hidradenitis suppurativa responded to a brodalumab monotherapy in a patient with psoriasis: A possible involvement of Th17 across the spectrum of both diseases.
- Emerging topical drugs for the treatment of rosacea.
- Dapsone for acne: Still in use after half a century!
- The "Maskne" microbiome - pathophysiology and therapeutics.
- Sex hormones and acne: State of the art.
- Radiofrequency microneedling: A comprehensive and critical review.
- An updated review of the sebaceous gland and its role in health and diseases Part 2: Pathophysiological clinical disorders of sebaceous glands.
- Microneedling in the treatment of atrophic scars: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials.
- A systematic review examining the potential adverse effects of microneedling.