You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- FDA approves of Sol Gel's Twyneo for acne.
- Ortho Dermatologics announces 2021 Aspire Higher scholarship recipients.
New Medical Research
- Patient perspectives on the lived experience of acne and its treatment among adult women with acne: A qualitative study.
- Interleukin19 gene polymorphism and its serum level in acne vulgaris patients.
- Efficacy of a combined chemical peel and topical salicylic acid-based gel combination in the treatment of active acne.
- A clinical study of carbon dioxide lattice laser-assisted or microneedle-assisted 5-aminolevulinic acid-based photodynamic therapy for the treatment of hypertrophic acne scars.
- A topical gel of tea tree oil nanoemulsion containing adapalene versus adapalene marketed gel in patients with acne vulgaris: A randomized clinical trial.
- A novel mechanism of carvedilol efficacy for rosacea treatment: Toll-like receptor 2 inhibition in macrophages.
- A randomized controlled pilot study: Combined 595-nm pulsed dye laser treatment and oxymetazoline hydrochloride topical cream superior to oxymetazoline hydrochloride cream for erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
- Transplantation of autologous fat, stromal vascular fraction (SVF) cell and platelet rich plasma (PRP) for cell therapy of atrophic acne scars: Clinical evaluation and biometric assessment.
- The effect of intense pulsed light on the skin microbiota and epidermal barrier in patients with mild to moderate acne vulgaris.
- Efficacy and safety of topical spironolactone 5% cream in the treatment of acne: A pilot study.
- The use of lasers and light devices in acne management: An update.
- Acid-base combination principles for preparation of anti-acne dissolving microneedles loaded with azelaic acid and matrine.
- Efficacy of short-term intravenous clindamycin prior to oral clindamycin-rifampicin treatment in hidradenitis suppurativa: A retrospective case-series.
- Comparison of 2940 nm Er: YAG laser treatment in the microlaser peel, fractional ablative laser, or combined modes for the treatment of concave acne scars.
- Antimicrobial and antioxidative activity of newly synthesized peptides absorbed into bacterial cellulose carrier against acne vulgaris.
- Clascoterone: A new topical anti-androgen for acne management.
- A stereoscopic optical system for objective quantification of the change in cumulative acne scar depth following various treatment interventions.
- The impact of isotretinoin on the pituitary-ovarian axis: An interpretative review of the literature.
- Treatment of rhinophyma with fractional co2 laser resurfacing in a woman of color: Case report and review of the literature.
- Racial/ethnic variations in acne: Implications for treatment and skin care recommendations for acne patients with skin of color.