You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
New Medical Research
- Spironolactone for adult female acne (SAFA): protocol for a double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III randomized study of spironolactone as systemic therapy for acne in adult women.
- Investigation of relapse rate and factors affecting relapse after oral isotretinoin treatment in patients with acne vulgaris.
- Tranexamic acid versus fractional carbon dioxide laser in post-acne hyperpigmentation.
- Safety and efficacy of fractional radiofrequency for the treatment and reduction of acne scarring: A prospective study.
- Split-face clinical comparative study of fractional Er:YAG (2940nm) laser versus long pulsed Nd:YAG (1064nm) laser in treatment of atrophic acne scar.
- The significant health threat from sunbed use as a self-treatment in patients with acne.
- Could endocrine disruptors be a new player for acne pathogenesis? The effect of bisphenol A on the formation and severity of acne vulgaris: A prospective, case-controlled study.
- Improvement in hidradenitis suppurativa and quality of life in patients treated with adalimumab: Real-world results from the HARMONY study.
- Ultrasound-guided injection of intralesional steroids in acute hidradenitis suppurativa lesions: A prospective study.
- Anti-androgen therapy in hidradenitis suppurativa: Finasteride for females.
- Patient experiences with hidradenitis suppurativa: the Hidradenitis Patient Experience survey.
- Comparison of the skin microbiota of patients with acne vulgaris and healthy controls.
- The impact of acne treatment on skin bacterial microbiota: A systematic review.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: Where we are and where we are going.
- How safe and effective is prescribing oral isotretinoin to treat acne in renal dialysis patients? A systematic review.
- Isotretinoin for acne vulgaris - an update on adverse effects and laboratory monitoring.
- Treatment outcomes of IL-17 inhibitors in hidradenitis suppurativa: A systematic review
- Pyogenic arthritis, pyoderma gangrenosum, and acne syndrome in a Chinese family: A case report and review of literature.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: Basic considerations for its approach: A narrative review.
- Clinical implementation of biologics and small molecules in the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Serum sickness-like reaction in an adolescent taking minocycline for acne.
- Unexpected complications: A case of rosacea fulminans in pregnancy.