You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Cassiopea announces FDA submission of new drug application for Clascoterone cream 1%, the first new mechanism of action for acne in nearly 40 years.
- Almirall issues call for grant submissions for development of new immunodermatology therapies.
New Medical Research
- Efficacy of 30% azelaic acid peel in the nonpharmacological treatment of facial acne.
- The clinical efficacy of ReCell® autologous cell regeneration techniques combined with dermabrasion treatment in acne scars.
- Clinical efficacy of herbal extracts in treatment of mild to moderate acne vulgaris: A 8-week, double-blinded, randomized, controlled trial.
- Fractional Erbium-YAG laser and platelet-rich plasma as single or combined treatment for atrophic acne scars: A randomized clinical trial.
- Evaluation of PSP technique including dot peeling, subcision and intradermal injection of PRP in the treatment of atrophic post-acne scars.
- A cross-sectional study of rosacea and risk factors in women with frontal fibrosing alopecia.
- Intralesional corticosteroid injection for the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa: A multicentre retrospective clinical study.
- Multimodal clinical imaging assessment of the outcome in mild-to-moderate acne: A prospective study.
- The frequency of off-label prescribing in the treatment of dermatologic disease.
- A systematic review of factors influencing treatment adherence in chronic inflammatory skin disease - strategies for optimizing treatment outcome.
- Promising plant-derived secondary metabolites for treatment of acne vulgaris: A mechanistic review.
- PAPA and FMF in two siblings: Possible amplification of clinical presentation? A case report.
- Hyperhidrosis affects quality of life in hidradenitis suppurativa: A prospective analysis.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: Current understanding, diagnostic and surgical challenges, and developments in ultrasound application.
- The effects of isotretinoin therapy on serum homocysteine, folate and vitamin B12 levels in patients with acne: A meta-analysis and meta-regression.
- SAPHO syndrome of the temporomandibular joint associated with trismus: A case report and review of the literature.
- Onychocryptosis and asymptomatic external urethritis as complications of oral isotretinoin therapy.
- The role of IL-17 in papulopustular rosacea and future directions.
- Targeting the gut-skin axis - probiotics as new tools for skin disorder management?
- Consumer safety considerations of skin and oral microbiome perturbation.
- Synovitis, acne, pustulosis, hyperostosis, and osteitis (SAPHO) syndrome with destructive spondylitis: A case report.
- Acne treatment alternatives to know.