You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Ortho Dermatologics to present data at the Fall Clinical Dermatology Conference.
- Aczone® (Dapsone) gel, 7.5% is now approved for the treatment of acne in patients 9 and over.
- EPI Health, LLC acquires worldwide rights to Rhofade® from Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc.
- Ortho Dermatologics announces 2019 recipients of Aspire Higher scholarships.
New Medical Research
- Acne treatment efficacy of intense pulsed light photodynamic therapy with topical licochalcone A, l-carnitine, and decanediol: A spilt-face, double-blind, randomized controlled trial.
- Combination therapy of microneedle fractional radiofrequency and topical poly-lactic acid for acne scars: A randomized controlled split-face study.
- High-dose, high-frequency infliximab: A novel treatment paradigm for hidradenitis suppurativa.
- How to increase adherence and compliance in acne treatment? A combined strategy of SMS and visual instruction leaflet.
- Efficacy and safety of oral silymarin in comparison with oral doxycycline and their combination therapy in the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Knowledge, belief, and perception among youths with acne vulgaris.
- Comparative study of efficacy and safety of 45% mandelic acid versus 30% salicylic acid peels in mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris.
- Safety and efficacy of topically applied selected Cutibacterium acnes strains over five weeks in patients with acne vulgaris: An open-label, pilot study.
- Sequential peeling as a monotherapy for treatment of milder forms of acne vulgaris.
- Daylight photodynamic therapy with 5-aminolevulinic acid 5% gel for the treatment of mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne.
- Novel tretinoin 0.05% lotion for the once-daily treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris in an Asian population.
- An advanced, physician-strength retinol peel improves signs of aging and acne across a range of skin types including melasma and skin of color.
- Anti-inflammatory-dose doxycycline plus adapalene 0.3% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel for severe acne.
- Efficacy of micro-needling on post acne scars.
- Depression, isotretinoin, and folic acid: A practical review.
- Predicting public interest in nonsurgical cosmetic procedures using google trends.
- Successful treatment of co-existent SAPHO syndrome and hidradenitis suppurativa with adalimumab and methotrexate.
- Will the polyphenol and adapalene combination be a good strategy on acne vulgaris?
- Isotretinoin in the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa: A retrospective study.
- Retinoids as an immunity-modulator in dermatology disorders.
- Targeted topical delivery of retinoids in the management of acne vulgaris: Current formulations and novel delivery systems.
- New rosacea therapies show promise.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): Current applications in dermatology.
- Diet-acne association becomes clearer.