You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
Save the Date: 14th Annual AARS Reception, Friday, March 1, 2019 6P – 9PM, Washington, DC
Biophotonic system earns CE mark.
- Nestlé to explore strategic options for Nestlé Skin Health.
- Scar-less healing may be on the horizon.
- Canfield Scientific acquires leading German dermoscopy company VISIOMED AG.
New Medical Research
- Minocycline as foam topical under study in acne.
- Evaluation of the efficacy of microneedle fractional radiofrequency in Turkish patients with atrophic facial acne scars.
- Novel nicotinamide skin-adhesive hot melt extrudates for treatment of acne.
- Efficacy of two plant extracts against acne vulgaris: Initial results of microbiological tests and cell culture studies.
- The effect of continuous high versus low dose oral isotretinoin regimens on dermcidin expression in patients with moderate to severe acne vulgaris.
- Microbiological profile of sarecycline: A novel targeted spectrum tetracycline for the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Rates of antibiotic resistance / sensitivity in bacterial cultures of hidradenitis suppurativa patients.
- Association between rosacea severity and relative muscle mass: A cross-sectional study.
- Combination chemical peels are more effective than single chemical peel in treatment of mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris: A split face comparative clinical trial.
- Serum zinc levels in hidradenitis suppurativa: A case-control study.
- Association of caffeine intake and caffeinated coffee consumption with risk of incident rosacea in women.
- The spectrum and sequelae of acne in black South Africans seen in tertiary institutions.
- Efficacy of adalimumab in moderate to severe hidradenitis suppurativa: Real life data.
- Characterization of human cutaneous tissue autofluorescence: implications in topical drug delivery studies with fluorescence microscopy.
- Association of demographic and socioeconomic characteristics with differences in use of outpatient dermatology services in the United States.
- Continuous dark chocolate consumption affects human facial skin surface by stimulating corneocyte desquamation and promoting bacterial colonization.
- Laser treatment for facial acne scars: A review.
- The treatment of genitoperineal hidradenitis suppurativa: A review of the literature.
- Dermatology-related uses of medical cannabis promoted by dispensaries in Canada, Europe, and the United States.
- Patient-reported outcomes in hidradenitis suppurativa: a review.
- Collagen deposition in chronic hidradenitis suppurativa: potential role for CD163+ macrophages.
- Ethical dilemmas for physicians in Catholic healthcare organizations.
- PRP: What dermatologists should know.
- Acne stigma linked to lower overall quality of life.