You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Going for the gold: Sebacia microparticles help direct lasers to the source of acne.
- FDA approves Amzeeq minocycline foam from Foamix.
- Foamix update: Nine trials in five posters.
- Altreno: Exclusive size available for dermatologist dispensing.
New Medical Research
- Clinical evaluation of microneedling therapy in the management of facial scar: A prospective randomized study.
- Comparison of fractional neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) 1064-nm picosecond laser and fractional 1550-nm erbium fiber laser in facial acne scar treatment.
- Down-regulation of S100a7a antimicrobial peptide in acne vulgaris patients after isotretinoin therapy.
- Clinical response rate and flares of hidradenitis suppurativa in the treatment with adalimumab.
- Weekly adalimumab treatment decreased disease flare in hidradenitis suppurativa over 36 weeks: Integrated results from the phase 3 PIONEER trials.
- An open-label, intra-individual study to evaluate a regimen of three cosmetic products combined with medical treatment of rosacea: Cutaneous tolerability and effect on hydration.
- The efficacy and safety of permethrin 2.5% with tea tree oil gel on rosacea treatment: A double-blind, controlled clinical trial.
- Difficulties in emotion regulation and quality of life in patients with acne.
- A real-life, international, observational study demonstrating the efficacy of a cosmetic emulsion in the supportive care of mild-to-moderate facial acne.
- Topical 2% ketoconazole cream monotherapy significantly improves adult female acne: A double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trial.
- Novel tretinoin 0.05% lotion for the once-daily treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris in a preadolescent and adolescent population.
- Safety of combination laser or intense pulsed light therapies and doxycycline for the treatment of rosacea.
- Comment on "The effects of isotretinoin therapy on serum homocysteine, folate and vitamin B12 levels in patients with acne": May retinoids be useful to treat hyperhomocysteinemia found in patients affected by hidradenitis suppurativa?
- Efficacy of photodynamic therapy for the treatment of inflammatory acne vulgaris: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Pediatric ocular acne rosacea: Clinical features and long-term follow-up of sixteen cases.
- Analysis of acne-related judicial precedents from 1997 to 2018 in South Korea.
- A comparison of international management guidelines for hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Adalimumab dose intensification in recalcitrant hidradenitis suppurativa/acne inversa.
- Acne vulgaris: Diagnosis and treatment.
- Real life experience on effectiveness and tolerability of topical ivermectin in papulopustular rosacea and anti-parasitic effect on Demodex mites.