You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Register Now for the 8th Annual AARS Scientific Symposium
- Ortho Dermatologics receives FDA approval of Duobrii™ (halobetasol propionate and tazarotene) lotion 0.01%/0.045% for plaque psoriasis in adults.
- First North American clinical guidelines for hidradenitis suppurativa released.
- Combined laser-topical therapy improves erythema associated with rosacea.
New Medical Research
- Evaluation of the efficacy and tolerance of artemether emulsion for the treatment of papulopustular rosacea: a randomized pilot study.
- Open-label study assessing the efficacy and tolerability of topical skin care and sun protection alone and in combination with intense pulsed light therapy.
- A comparative study on the effectiveness of herbal extracts vs 2.5% benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of mild to moderate acne vulgaris.
- Bilosomes as a novel carrier for the cutaneous delivery for dapsone as a potential treatment of acne: Preparation, characterization and in-vivo skin deposition assay.
- Clinical assessment of topical erythromycin gel with and without zinc acetate for treating mild to moderate acne vulgaris.
- The effects of isotretinoin on affective and cognitive functions are disparate in adolescent acne vulgaris patients.
- Salicylic acid treats acne vulgaris by suppressing AMPK/SREBP1 pathway in sebocytes.
- Target proteins of phloretin for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activities against propionibacterium acnes-induced skin infection.
- Concerns and treatment satisfaction in patients being treated with azelaic acid foam for rosacea.
- A randomized controlled tolerability study to evaluate reformulated benzoyl peroxide face washes for acne vulgaris.
- Observational study of clindamycin phosphate and tretinoin gel for the treatment of acne.
- Use of advanced imaging techniques for the characterization of oily skin.
- Treatment of moderate-to-severe facial acne vulgaris with solid-state fractional 589/1,319-nm laser.
- Diet in hidradenitis suppurativa: a review of published and lay literature.
- Management of severe hidradenitis suppurativa with biologic therapy and wide excision.
- Assessing effectiveness in acne clinical trials: steps towards a core outcome measure set.
- Nonvascular uses of pulsed dye laser in clinical dermatology.
- Facial cleansing with a sonic brush: a review of the literature and current recommendations.
- Acne keloidalis nuchae and obstructive sleep apnea: a retrospective case series.
- Interrater and intrarater agreement and reliability in clinical staging of hidradenitis suppurativa/acne inversa.
- Clinical picture, diagnosis and treatment of rosacea, complicated by Demodex mites.