You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Thank you for attending the 14th Annual AARS Member Networking Reception
- Register Now for the 8th Annual AARS Scientific Symposium
- Ortho Dermatologics launches 2019 Aspire Higher scholarship program for students with dermatologic conditions.
- New mouse model validates how “good” and “bad” bacteria affect acne.
- Study: isotretinoin does not raise depression risk.
New Medical Research
- Pulsed-dye laser as an adjuvant treatment for papulopustular eruptions from epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors, a randomized blinded split-faced controlled trial.
- Transfollicular delivery of gold microparticles in healthy skin and acne vulgaris, assessed by in vivo reflectance confocal microscopy and optical coherence tomography.
- A new Th-17 cytokine in hidradenitis suppurativa: antimicrobial and pro-inflammatory role of IL-26.
- What is the most relevent factor during ALA-PDT？ A multi-center, open clinical pain score research about actinic keratosis, acne and condylomatata acuminata.
- Optimization of hydrogel containing toluidine blue O for photodynamic therapy in treating acne.
- Case of coincident severe acne and psoriasis in AIDS patient successfully treated with antiretroviral therapy.
- The efficacy of glycolic acid, salicylic acid, gluconolactone, and licochalcone A combined with 0.1% adapalene vs adapalene monotherapy in mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris: a double-blinded within-person comparative study.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa (Hurley I/II): serial excisions with primary wound closure under local anesthesia as most adequate treatment approach.
- Polymethylmethacrylate collagen gel-injectable dermal filler for full face atrophic acne scar correction.
- Apremilast for the treatment of mild-to-moderate hidradenitis suppurativa in a prospective, open-label, phase 2 study.
- Novel tretinoin 0.05% lotion for the once-daily treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris in an adult and adolescent female population.
- New indications for topical ivermectin 1% cream: a case series study.
- From pathogenesis of acne vulgaris to anti-acne agents.
- Vitamin D and the skin: a review for dermatologists.
- New and emerging drugs for the treatment of acne vulgaris in adolescents.
- Minimise the regular laboratory monitoring during the systemic isotretinoin treatment: data of 704 patients with acne vulgaris.
- Biologics for chronic inflammatory skin diseases: an update for the clinician.
- A review and update of treatment options using the acne scar classification system.
- Topical, systemic and biologic therapies in hidradenitis suppurativa: pathogenic insights by examining therapeutic mechanisms.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties of resveratrol.
- Efficacy of autologous platelet-rich plasma combined with ablative fractional carbon dioxide laser for acne scars: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Global rosacea treatment guidelines and expert consensus points: the differences.
- An overview of acne therapy, part 1: topical therapy, oral antibiotics, laser and light therapy, and dietary interventions.
- An overview of acne therapy, part 2: hormonal therapy and isotretinoin.
- Psychiatric and developmental effects of isotretinoin (retinoid) treatment for acne vulgaris.