You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
AARS in the Community
- Don’t forget to attend the 14th Annual AARS Networking Reception for member and Corporate Benefactors tonight – March 1- at AAD!
- Our first round of AARS Patient Videos are being finalized now for social media and website promotion!
- Save the Date for the 8th Annual AARS Scientific Symposium at the Society for Investigative Dermatology.
- Please use the discount code AARS15 for 15% off of registration to the Symposium for Cosmetic Advances & Laser Education 14th Annual Meeting to be held from May 9-11, 2019 at Music City Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Ortho Dermatologics launches first cash-pay prescription program in dermatology.
- Cutera to unveil excel V+ next generation laser platform at AAD Annual Meeting.
- TARGET PharmaSolutions launches real-world study to advance the understanding of AD and other IMISCs.
New Medical Research
- Epidemiology and dermatological comorbidity of seborrhoeic dermatitis - population-based study in 161,000 employees.
- A novel moisturizer with high sun protection factor improves cutaneous barrier function and the visible appearance of rosacea-prone skin.
- Randomized phase 3 evaluation of trifarotene 50 μG/G cream treatment of moderate facial and truncal acne.
- Open-label, investigator-initiated, single site exploratory trial evaluating secukinumab, an anti IL17A monoclonal antibody, for patients with moderate-to-severe hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea may be associated with a subclinical stage of demodicosis. A case control study.
- Treatment of atrophic facial acne scars with microneedling followed by polymethylmethacrylate-collagen gel dermal filler.
- Antibiotic susceptibility of propionibacterium acnes isolated from patients with acne in a public hospital in Southwest China: prospective cross-sectional study.
- A novel combined light-based treatment of acne vulgaris with 1,450-nm diode laser and 450-nm blue light.
- The effect of isotretinoin on insulin resistance and adipocytokine levels in acne vulgaris patients.
- Efficacy of bisphosphonates in patients with synovitis, acne, pustulosis, hyperostosis, and osteitis syndrome: a prospective open study.
- Role of 11β HSD 1, rs12086634, and rs846910 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in metabolic-related skin diseases: a clinical, biochemical, and genetic study.
- Combination hyperbaric oxygen therapy and ustekinumab for severe hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Platelet-rich plasma, a powerful tool in dermatology.
- The efficacy of combined diluted calcium hydroxylapatite-based filler and an energy-based device in the treatment of facial atrophic acne scars.
- Dermatologic surgical care for transgender individuals.
- Natural skin care products as adjunctive to prescription therapy in moderate to severe rosacea.
- Second joint position paper: Use of isotretinoin in severe acne.