You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
AARS Press Release
- American Acne and Rosacea Society (AARS) uncovers real impact of acne on young professionals during acne awareness month.
- Pivotal phase 3 trials of trifarotene in patients with moderate facial and truncal acne meet all efficacy endpoints.
- New NRS study shows positive impact of clear skin in rosacea patients.
New Medical Research
- Photodynamic therapy for severe facial acne vulgaris with 5% 5-aminolevulinic acid vs 10% 5-aminolevulinic acid: a split-face randomized controlled study.
- Efficacy of stem cell-conditioned medium vs platelet-rich plasma as an adjuvant to post-ablative fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for atrophic post-acne scars: a split-face clinical trial.
- Comparison of quality of life, depression, anxiety, suicide, social anxiety and obsessive-compulsive symptoms between adolescents with acne receiving isotretinoin and antibiotics: a prospective, non-randomised, open-label study.
- Objective analysis of volume restoration in atrophic acne scars and skin pores: a split study using human stem cell-conditioned media.
- Amniotic fluid-derived mesenchymal stem cell products combined with microneedling for acne scars: a split-face clinical, histological, and histometric study.
- Active compound chrysophanol of Cassia tora seeds suppresses heat-induced lipogenesis via inactivation of JNK/p38 MAPK signaling in human sebocytes.
- Efficacy and safety of a novel topical minocycline foam for the treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris: a phase 3 study.
- Patient-reported outcomes in acne patients with skin of color using adapalene 0.3%-benzoyl peroxide 2.5%: a prospective real-world study.
- Pharmacokinetic profile, safety, and tolerability of clascoterone (cortexolone 17-alpha propionate, cb-03-01) topical cream, 1% in subjects with acne vulgaris: an open-label phase 2a study.
- A phase 2b, randomized, double-blind vehicle controlled, dose escalation study evaluating clascoterone 0.1%, 0.5%, and 1% topical cream in subjects with facial acne.
- Safety and effectiveness of microfocused ultrasound for treating erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
- Pathogenetic peculiarities of neuroendocrine and metabolic disorders in patients with acne associated with chronic stress.
- A randomized phase 3b/4 study to evaluate concomitant use of topical ivermectin 1% cream and doxycycline 40 mg modified-release capsules versus topical ivermectin 1% cream and placebo in the treatment of severe rosacea.
- Efficacy of metformin in the treatment of acne in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: a newer approach to acne therapy.
- Diode laser and fractional laser innovations.
- Inflammatory skin is associated with changes in the skin microbiota composition on the back of severe acne patients.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: comprehensive review of predisposing genetic mutations and changes.
- Periodic worsening, or flare, in hidradenitis suppurativa: the perspective of people with hidradenitis.
- Depression and anxiety in adults with hidradenitis suppurativa: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Rosacea fulminans: two case reports and review of the literature.
- Update on the treatment of scars.
- Liposome based combination therapy for acne treatment.
- Metformin use in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- The use of oral antibiotics in the management of rosacea.
- Treatment of acne scars with PRP and laser therapy: an up-to-date appraisal.
- Assessing the psychological burden of patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Cortexolone 17α-propionate (clascoterone) is a novel androgen receptor antagonist that inhibits production of lipids and inflammatory cytokines from sebocytes in vitro.