You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- The 7th Annual AARS Scientific Symposium was a great success!
- New Dermatologic Surgery textbook by McGraw-Hill enters second printing less than one week after publication.
- Is acne cool now? How celebrities and influencers are changing the stigma of having acne.
New Medical Research
- Efficacy and safety of oxymetazoline cream 1.0% for treatment of persistent facial erythema associated with rosacea: Findings from the 52-week open label REVEAL trial.
- The efficacy and tolerability of 5-aminolevulinic acid 5% thermosetting gel photodynamic therapy (PDT) in the treatment of mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris. A two-center, prospective assessor-blinded, proof-of-concept study.
- Correlations of SOX9 expression with serum IGF1 and inflammatory cytokines IL-1α and IL-6 in skin lesions of patients with acne.
- Mesotherapy with Botulinum toxin for the treatment of refractory vascular and papulopustular rosacea.
- New approach in acne therapy: A specific bacteriocin activity and a targeted anti il-8 property in just 1 probiotic strain, the L. salivarius LS03.
- Concomitant use of 1,550-nm nonablative fractional laser with low-dose isotretinoin for the treatment of acne vulgaris in asian patients: A randomized split-face controlled study.
- Assessment of rosacea symptom severity by genome-wide association study and expression analysis highlights immuno-inflammatory and skin pigmentation genes.
- Successful treatment of acne keloidalis nuchae with erbium:YAG laser: a comparative study.
- The impact of acne and facial post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on quality of life and self-esteem of newly admitted Nigerian undergraduates.
- Prevention and reduction of atrophic acne scars with adapalene 0.3%/benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel in subjects with moderate or severe facial acne: Results of a 6-month randomized, vehicle-controlled trial using intraindividual comparison.
- Overall and subgroup prevalence of crohn disease among patients with hidradenitis suppurativa, a population-based analysis in the United States.
- Japanese Dermatological Association Guidelines: Guidelines for the treatment of acne vulgaris 2017.
- Dairy intake and acne development: A meta-analysis of observational studies.
- Prevalence and comorbidities associated with hidradenitis suppurativa: A nationwide population-based study.
- Light therapies for acne.
- Topical acne care: Can we treat active lesions and scars at the same time? New findings have intriguing implications for our approach to preventing-and managing-acne scars.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- Prevent acne-related PIH: Treat acne early.