You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
AARS Updated Rosacea Guidelines
- Update on the management of rosacea from the American Acne & Rosacea Society (AARS).
- Positive results seen in phase 3 FMX101 acne study.
New Medical Research
- Cutibacterium acnes phylotypes diversity loss: a trigger for skin inflammatory process.
- Evaluation of autologous adipose-derived stem cells vs. fractional carbon dioxide laser in the treatment of post acne scars: a split-face study.
- Skin microbiome differences relate to the grade of acne vulgaris.
- Treatment of acne scarring with a novel dual-wavelength laser.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Area and Severity Index (HASI): a pilot study to develop a novel instrument to measure the physical signs of hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Homocysteine, folic acid, and vitamin B12 levels in patients on isotretinoin therapy for acne vulgaris: a meta-analysis.
- Psychiatric adverse events in patients taking isotretinoin as reported in a food and drug administration database from 1997 to 2017.
- The combined effect of tranilast 8% liposomal gel on the final cosmesis of acne scarring in patients concomitantly treated by isotretinoin: prospective double-blind split-face study.
- Long-term remarkable remission of SAPHO syndrome in response to short-term systemic corticosteroids treatment in an immunoglobulin E elevated patient: a case report.
- Relationship between quinolone use and resistance of staphylococcus epidermidis in patients with acne vulgaris.
- Safety and effectiveness of microfocused ultrasound for treating erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
- Analysis of potential genes and pathways involved in the pathogenesis of acne by bioinformatics.
- Radiofrequency microneedling: overview of technology, advantages, differences in devices, studies, and indications.
- Oral antibiotics in acne: a retrospective single center analysis of current prescribing in primary care and it's alignment with the national antibiotic quality premium.
- Acne and rosacea: what's new for treatment?
- Difference in vasoconstrictors: oxymetazoline vs brimonidine.
- Potential role of the microbiome in acne: a comprehensive review.
- Uncommon pretibial bilateral manifestation of Hidradenitis suppurativa (Hurley III) after discontinuation of systemic treatment with adalimumab: a serious reason to prefer surgery as a primary approach?
- Increased infection rates associated with tetracycline therapy given for epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor (EGFRI)-associated acneiform eruption: a retrospective study of data from two cancer centers.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa and polycystic ovarian syndrome: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- New evidence but still unmet medical needs in rosacea treatment.