You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- AARS Releases New Data on the Impact of Acne on Young Professionals.
- Phase 3b/4 study ANSWERs rosacea therapy questions.
New Medical Research
- Relationship between quinolone use and resistance of Staphylococcus epidermidis in patients with acne vulgaris.
- Treatment of atrophic acne scars using autologous platelet-rich plasma vs combined subcision and autologous platelet-rich plasma: a split-face comparative study.
- Long-term isotretinoin use does not cause parenchymal liver change: ultrasonographic study in 50 patients.
- Second to fourth digit ratio in female patients with acne vulgaris: could it be a predictor of androgen receptor status?
- Selective Ah receptor ligands mediate enhanced SREBP1 proteolysis to restrict lipogenesis in sebocytes.
- Long-term effectiveness and safety of up to 48 weeks' treatment with topical adapalene 0.3%/benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel in the prevention and reduction of atrophic acne scars in moderate and severe facial acne.
- Evaluation of EGFR inhibitor-mediated acneiform skin toxicity within the double-blind randomized EVITA trial: a thorough gender-specific analysis using the WoMo score.
- The clinical utility of laboratory monitoring during isotretinoin therapy for acne and changes to monitoring practices over time.
- Is mean platelet volume an inflammatory marker in acne patients treated with isotretinoin?
- A phase 2, multicenter, double-blind, randomized, vehicle-controlled clinical study to compare the safety and efficacy of a novel tazarotene 0.045% lotion and tazarotene 0.1% cream in the treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris.
- Mid-term oral isotretinoin therapy causes a predominantly sensory demyelinating neuropathy.
- Clinical evidence on the efficacy and tolerability of a topical medical device containing benzoylperoxide 4%, retinol 0.5%, mandelic acid 1% and lactobionic acid 1% in the treatment of mild facial acne: an open label pilot study.
- Contact allergy from fragrances and formaldehyde contributing to papulopustular rosacea.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: clinical characteristics and determinants of treatment efficacy.
- Skin microbiome modulation induced by probiotic solutions.
- Complementary and alternative therapy for pediatric acne: a review of botanical extracts, dietary interventions, and oral supplements.
- Dermocosmetics: beneficial adjuncts in the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Remission of chronic acne fulminans and severe hidradenitis suppurativa with targeted antibiotherapy.
- Selection criteria and techniques for improved cosmesis and predictable outcomes in laser hair removal treatment of acne keloidalis nuchae.
- Isotretinoin-associated possible kounis syndrome: a case report and a review of other cardiovascular side effects reported in the literature.
- Topical probiotics: the unknowns behind their rising popularity.
- Antibiotics for acne vulgaris: using Instagram to seek insight into the patient perspective.