You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Accutane Appeal Prompts Calls for NJ Court to Adopt 'Daubert'
- Accuitis, Inc., announces clinical studies are underway for its rosacea therapeutic candidate, ACU-D1.
- Foamix announces positive results from phase 3 open-label safety extension evaluating FMX-101 topical minocycline foam for treatment up to 1 year.
New Medical Research
- Innate immunity in rosacea. Langerhans cells, plasmacytoid dentritic cells, toll-like receptors and inducible oxide nitric synthase (iNOS) expression in skin specimens: case-control study.
- Pivotal trial of the efficacy and safety of oxymetazoline cream 1.0% for the treatment of persistent facial erythema associated with rosacea: findings from the first REVEAL trial.
- Demodex and rosacea: Is there a relationship?
- Successful combined antibiotic therapy with oral clindamycin and oral rifampicin for pyoderma gangrenosum in patient with PASH syndrome.
- G2A attenuates P. acnes induction of inflammatory cytokines in human monocytes.
- Characterization of the facial microbiome in twins discordant for rosacea.
- Prevalence of gastrointestinal comorbidities in rosacea: Comparison of subantimicrobial, modified release doxycycline versus conventional release doxycycline.
- Ablative fractional CO2 laser for facial atrophic acne scars.
- Isotretinoin-induced acne fulminans without systemic symptoms with concurrent exuberant granulation tissue.
- Pityriasis folliculorum: response to topical ivermectin.
- The latest drugs and small molecule inhibitors for skin and hair.
- Retinoic acid embryopathy.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- Patients' self-esteem before and after chemical peeling procedure.
- Debunking acne myths: Do patients need to worry about acne after adolescence?