You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Call for AARS Clinical Research Award Applications
- Register Now for Our 15th Annual AARS Networking Reception
- FDA approves Ortho Dermatologics’ Arazlotm (tazarotene) lotion, 0.045%, for acne vulgaris.
New Medical Research
- Analysis of characteristics and trends in treatment response of hidradenitis suppurativa patients: A southern US cohort study.
- Clinical pharmacokinetics, safety and exploratory efficacy study of a topical bactericidal VB-1953: Analysis of single and multiple doses in a Phase I trial in acne vulgaris subjects.
- Rifampin-moxifloxacin-metronidazole combination therapy for severe Hurley Stage 1 hidradenitis Suppurativa: prospective short-term trial and one-year follow-up in 28 consecutive patients.
- A split-face comparative study to evaluate the efficacy of 50% pyruvic acid against a mixture of glycolic and salicylic acids in the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- Efficacy and safety of artemether emulsion for the treatment of mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris: A randomized pilot study.
- Development and investigation of vitamin c-enriched adapalene-loaded transfersome gel: A collegial approach for the treatment of acne vulgaris.
- A multicenter, randomized, double-masked, parallel group, vehicle-controlled phase 2b study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of 1% and 3% topical minocycline gel in patients with papulopustular rosacea.
- Hydroxychloroquine is a novel therapeutic approach for rosacea.
- Antimicrobial activity of certain natural-based plant oils against the antibiotic-resistant acne bacteria.
- Nd:YAG laser vs IPL in inflammatory and noninflammatory acne lesion treatment.
- Demodex infestation in patients with rosacea.
- Clinical response rates, placebo response rates and significantly associated covariates are dependent upon choice of outcome measure in hidradenitis suppurativa: A post-hoc analysis of PIONEER 1 and 2 individual patient data.
- Alterations in innate immunity and epithelial cell differentiation are the molecular pillars of hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Tretinoin 0.05% lotion for the once-daily treatment of moderate and severe acne vulgaris in females: Effect of age on efficacy and tolerability.
- The fate of active acne and acne scars following treatment with fractional radiofrequency.
- Pilonidal sinus disease: An intergluteal localization of hidradenitis suppurativa/acne inversa: A cross-sectional study among 2465 patients.
- Development of a new patient-reported outcome measure to evaluate treatments for acne and acne scarring: The ACNE-Q.
- Atrophic acne scar: A process from altered metabolism of elastic fibres and collagen fibres based on transforming growth factor-β1 signaling.
- Update on the use of dapsone in dermatology.
- Skin immunity and its dysregulation in atopic dermatitis, hidradenitis suppurativa and vitiligo.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: infection, autoimmunity, or both?
- Rosacea: a wholistic review and update from pathogenesis to diagnosis and therapy.
- Efficacy of topical ivermectin and impact on quality of life in patients with papulopustular rosacea: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- 5-Aminolevulinic acid photodynamic therapy and isotretinoin for treatment of drug-induced acne fulminans in a patient with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Truncal acne: A neglected entity.