You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
AARS Special Announcements
- Register Now: AARS 14th Annual Member Reception, Friday, March 1, 2019 6PM – 8PM, Washington, DC
- AARS Grantee Publication
New Medical Research
- Gender- and age-related differences in facial sebaceous glands in Asian skin, as observed by non-invasive analysis using three-dimensional ultrasound microscopy.
- A microtube array membrane (MTAM) encapsulated live fermenting staphylococcus epidermidis as a skin probiotic patch against Cutibacterium acnes.
- Tranexamic acid ameliorates rosacea symptoms through regulating immune response and angiogenesis.
- Treatment of acne with a combination of propolis, tea tree oil, and aloe vera compared to erythromycin cream: Two double-blind investigations.
- New study to assess treatments for antibiotic-resistant skin infections.
- Microneedling by dermapen and glycolic acid peel for the treatment of acne scars: Comparative study.
- Association of caffeine intake and caffeinated coffee consumption with risk of incident rosacea in women.
- Association between market competition and prices of generic topical dermatology drugs.
- BPX-01 minocycline topical gel shows promise for the treatment of moderate-to-severe inflammatory acne vulgaris.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- Metabolic Syndrome in Dermatology: Treatment and Management for Dermatologists.
- Dermatology today and tomorrow: From symptom control to targeted therapy.
- A 12-Year Experience of Hidradenitis Suppurativa Management.
- New concepts, concerns, and creations in acne.
- Comorbidities in dermatology: What's real and what's not.
- Interventions for rosacea based on the phenotype approach: An updated systematic review including GRADE assessments.
- British Association of Dermatologists guidelines for the management of hidradenitis suppurativa (acne inversa) 2018.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: A systematic review integrating inflammatory pathways into a cohesive pathogenic model.
- Propionibacterium (cutibacterium) acnes bacteriophage therapy in acne: Current evidence and future perspectives.
- A brief compendium of some long-forgotten remedies for dermatology. Is it time to drop the one-size-fits-all approach and consider remedies of the past?
- Rosacea update: New findings on risks and impact. Understanding rosacea risk factors can allow for earlier, more effective treatment.
- Acne and scarring: Facing the issue to optimize outcomes.
- Evaluation, prevention, and management of acne scars: Issues, strategies, and enhanced outcomes.
- Micromanagement: Microparticles enhance outcomes of energy-based acne care. With recent FDA-clearance, microparticles are available to support Nd:YAG based treatment of inflammatory acne.
- Retinoids in acne management: Review of current understanding, future considerations, and focus on topical treatments.