You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
The 13th Annual AARS Reception will be held on Friday, February 16, 2018 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM PT at the San Diego Wine & Culinary Center in San Diego, CA.
Register now: https://acneandrosacea.org/initiatives/annual-reception
- 2017 saw record number of FDA approvals for drugs.
New Medical Research
- Association of the CYP17 MSP AI (T-34C) and CYP19 codon 39 (Trp/Arg) polymorphisms with susceptibility to acne vulgaris.
- Selective delivery of adapalene to the human hair follicle under finite dose conditions using polymeric micelle nanocarriers.
- Using Network Oriented Research Assistant (NORA) technology to compare digital photographic with in-person assessment of acne vulgaris.
- Combination of platelet rich plasma in fractional carbon dioxide laser treatment increased clinical efficacy of for acne scar by enhancement of collagen production and modulation of laser-induced inflammation.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa treated with wide excision and second intention healing: A meaningful local cure rate after 253 procedures.
- Long-pulsed 1064-nm Nd: YAG laser ameliorates LL-37-induced rosacea-like skin lesions through promoting collagen remodeling in BALB/c mice.
- The association between stress and acne among female medical students in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Serum homocysteine levels in acne patients.
- Quality of life, anxiety prevalence, depression symptomatology and suicidal ideation among acne patients in Lithuania.
- Acne vulgaris: The metabolic syndrome of the pilosebaceous follicle.
- Radiofrequency-assisted subcision for postacne scars.
- How acne bumps cause the blues: The influence of acne vulgaris on self-esteem.
- Acne keloidalis nuchae in Asian: A single institutional experience.
- Successful treatment of a childhood synovitis, acne, pustulosis, hyperostosis and osteitis (SAPHO) syndrome with subcutaneous methotrexate: A case report.
- Acne in South African black adults: A retrospective study in the private sector.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- Generational influence on patient learning preferences in dermatology.
- Characterization of patients' quality of life and experience in the course of acne treatment.
- The patient-centered acne severity scale study.