You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
Register Now: AARS 14th Annual Member Reception, Friday, March 1, 2019 6PM – 8PM, Washington, DC
Almirall launches Seysara™ (sarecycline).
New Medical Research
- Clinical efficacy of 0.5% topical mangosteen extract in nanoparticle loaded gel in treatment of mild-to-moderate acne vulgaris: A 12-week, split-face, double-blinded, randomized, controlled trial.
- The anti-inflammatory potency of biologics targeting TNF-α, IL-17A, IL-12/23 and CD20 in hidradenitis suppurativa: An ex vivo study.
- The microbiome in preadolescent acne: Assessment and prospective analysis of the influence of benzoyl peroxide.
- Sarecycline: First global approval.
- Novel tretinoin 0.05% lotion for the once-daily treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris in a preadolescent population.
- Nicastrin haploinsufficiency alters expression of type I interferon-stimulated genes: The relationship to familial hidradenitis suppurativa.
- SAPHO syndrome with pathological fractures of vertebral bodies: A case report.
- A phase 1 randomized, placebo-controlled trial with a topical inhibitor of stearoyl-coenzyme a desaturase 1 under occluded and nonoccluded conditions.
- Long-wave medical infrared thermography: A clinical biomarker of inflammation in hidradenitis suppurativa/acne inversa.
- Short lipopeptides specifically inhibit the growth of propionibacterium acnes with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory dual action.
- Hop extract acts as an antioxidant with antimicrobial effects against propionibacterium acnes and staphylococcus aureus.
- Interruption of oral clindamycin plus rifampicin therapy in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa: An observational study to assess prevalence and causes.
- Novel tretinoin 0.05% lotion for once-daily treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris in a Hispanic population.
- Topical retinoids in acne vulgaris: A systematic review.
- Use of isotretinoin and risk of depression in patients with acne: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Trends in oral antibiotic prescription in dermatology, 2008 to 2016.
- Acne, the skin microbiome, and antibiotic treatment.
- Models for acne: A comprehensive study.
Patient Counseling / Communication
What Italians think about acne: Results of a survey on 2.327 patients and 2.327 mothers.