You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
Save the Date: 14th Annual AARS Reception, Friday, March 1, 2019 6P – 9PM, Washington, DC
- Almirall and X-Chem team up to develop oral compounds for dermatological diseases.
- Crown Laboratories acquires select healthcare brands from GlaxoSmithKline.
New Medical Research
- The IL-1 pathway is hyperactive in hidradenitis suppurativa and contributes to skin infiltration and destruction.
- Does isotretinoin cause depression and anxiety in acne patients?
- Anti-acne properties of hydrophobic fraction of red ginseng (Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer) and its active components.
- Standardized laboratory monitoring with use of isotretinoin in acne.
- Enhanced skin targeting of retinoic acid spanlastics: In-vitro characterization and clinical evaluation in acne patients.
- Enhancement of lipid content and inflammatory cytokine secretion in SZ95 sebocytes by palmitic acid suggests a potential link between free fatty acids and acne aggravation.
- Use of an alternative method to evaluate erythema severity in a clinical trial: Difference in vehicle response with evaluation of baseline and postdose photographs for effect of oxymetazoline cream 1.0% for persistent erythema of rosacea in a phase 4 study.
- Clindamycin versus clindamycin plus rifampicin in hidradenitis suppurativa treatment: Clinical and ultrasound observations.
- Topical nano-emulgel for skin disorders: Formulation approach and characterization.
- Topical oxymetazoline cream 1.0% for persistent facial erythema associated with rosacea: Pooled analysis of the two phase 3, 29-day, randomized, controlled REVEAL trials.
- Once-daily topical dapsone gel, 7.5%: Effective for acne vulgaris regardless of baseline lesion count, with superior efficacy in females.
- Integrated cooling-vacuum-assisted non-fractional 1540-nm Erbium:Glass laser: A new modality for the simultaneous effective treatment of acne lesions and scars.
- Clinical evaluation of safety and efficacy of fractional radiofrequency facial treatment of skin type vi patients.
- Clindamycin as unique antibiotic choice in hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Correlation of the refined Hurley classification for hidradenitis suppurativa with patient reported quality of life and objective disease severity assessment.
- Knowledge, attitudes, and perceptions of cannabinoids in the dermatology community.
- Oral isotretinoin for acne.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
- Acne vulgaris in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Afamelanotide in the treatment of dermatologic disease.
- The therapeutic potential of cannabinoids in dermatology.