You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- FDA launches tool to improve management of antibiotic use.
New Medical Research
- Long-term administration of oral macrolides for acne treatment increases macrolide-resistant propionibacterium acnes.
- Microneedling combined with platelet-rich plasma or trichloroacetic acid peeling for management of acne scarring: A split-face clinical and histologic comparison.
- Investigational drugs in clinical trials for hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Acne in late adolescence and risk of prostate cancer.
- Suppressed adiponectin levels and increased adiponectin response to oral glucose load in lean women with severe acne normalizes after isotretinoin treatment.
- A cross-sectional study of clinical factors associated with acne facial scarring in patients with active acne.
- Human skin permeation studies with PPARγ agonist to improve its permeability and efficacy in inflammatory processes.
- Prevalence of flp pili-encoding plasmids in cutibacterium acnes isolates obtained from prostatic tissue.
- Calcifying acne: An unusual extraoral radiographic finding.
- Immunohistochemical expression of cyclo-oxygenase 2 and liver X receptor-α in acne vulgaris.
- Price discrepancies among mobile medication applications for common dermatologic prescriptions: observational cost analysis.
- State-of-the-art lasers and light treatments for vascular lesions: from red faces to vascular malformations.
- Evaluation of the effects of acne vulgaris on quality of life in Turkey by using TAQLI.
- Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation: epidemiology, clinical presentation, pathogenesis and treatment.
- Examining the potential preventative effects of minocycline prescribed for acne on the incidence of severe mental illnesses: A historical cohort study.
- The role of zinc in the treatment of acne: A review of the literature.
- Diet and rosacea: the role of dietary change in the management of rosacea.
Patient Counseling / Communication
- Social media creates anxiety for teenagers with acne.
- Which skin type is prevalent in Korean post-adolescent acne patients?: A pilot study using the Baumann Skin Type Indicator.
- Acne across Europe: an online survey on perceptions and management of acne.