You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- Private equity-backed groups acquiring more dermatology practices.
- FDA accepts NDA for tazarotene lotion for acne.
- Ortho Dermatologics announces U.S. FDA filing acceptance for IDP-123 treatment for acne vulgaris in lotion form.
- Foamix submits new drug application to U.S. FDA for FMX103 for the treatment of moderate-to-severe papulopustular rosacea.
- Ortho Dermatologics announces cash-pay prescription program, dermatology.com, to be available at Walgreens stores nationwide.
New Medical Research
- Artemisinin, a potential option to inhibit inflammation and angiogenesis in rosacea.
- Comparing cannula-based subcision with the common needle method: A clinical trial.
- The safety and impact of a model of intermittent, time-restricted circadian fasting ("Ramadan fasting") on hidradenitis suppurativa: Insights from a multicenter, observational, cross-over, pilot, exploratory study.
- Plasma dermcidin levels in acne patients and the effect of isotretinoin treatment on dermcidin levels.
- The role of adolescent acne treatment in formation of scars among patients with persistent adult acne: Evidence from an observational study.
- Microbiological tests of natural limonene and the compounds obtained after isomerization of limonene in the presence of ti-sba-15 catalyst-α-terpinene, γ-terpinene, terpinolene, and p-cymene.
- Complementary and alternative medicine use in hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Remission of severe hidradenitis suppurativa following chemotherapy for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Chlorin, phthalocyanine, and porphyrin types derivatives in phototreatment of cutaneous manifestations: A review.
- Acne vulgaris: New evidence in pathogenesis and future modalities of treatment.
- Recommendations for rosacea diagnosis, classification and management: Update from the global ROSacea COnsensus (ROSCO) 2019 panel.
- Concomitant psoriasis and hidradenitis suppurativa responsive to adalimumab therapy: A case series.
- Identifying anemia in a cohort of patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Prolonged serum alanine aminotransferase elevation associated with isotretinoin administration.
- What’s new in the management of acne vulgaris.
- Establishing the diagnosis of rosacea in skin of color patients.
- Acne keloidalis in an Asian female patient.
- Association of antibiotic resistance with antibiotic use for epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor-related papulopustular eruption.
- Topical tretinoin: A versatile option for adult female acne.
- Update on diet and acne.