You don't need to spend countless hours perusing your typical online sources when you have this! Stay informed today by becoming an AARS member and receiving the Hot Topics!
Hot Topics at a Glance
- April is Rosacea Awareness Month
- Register Now for the 8th Annual AARS Scientific Symposium
- Derm students improve Wikipedia entries on skin disease, boost views.
New Medical Research
- Fractional CO2 laser versus combined platelet-rich plasma and fractional CO2 laser in treatment of acne scars: image analysis system evaluation.
- Preparation of in situ hydrogels loaded with azelaic acid nanocrystals and their dermal application performance study.
- Efficacy and safety of moisturizer containing 5% panthenol, madecassoside, and copper-zinc-manganese versus 0.02% triamcinolone acetonide cream in decreasing adverse reaction and downtime after ablative fractional carbon dioxide laser resurfacing: a split-face, double-blinded, randomized, controlled trial.
- Novel tretinoin 0.05% lotion for the once-daily treatment of moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris: assessment of safety and tolerability in subgroups.
- Effect of recombinant bovine basic fibroblast growth factor gel on repair of rosacea skin lesions: a randomized, single-blind and vehicle-controlled study.
- Effectiveness of interventions for optimising adherence to treatments for the prevention and management of scars: protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Propionibacterium acnes susceptibility to low-level 449 nm blue light photobiomodulation.
- Prospects of acne vaccines targeting secreted virulence factors of cutibacterium acnes.
- 755 nm picosecond laser for facial atrophic scar-case reports of long-term clinical efficacy following up.
- Combination therapy using subcision, needling, and platelet-rich plasma in the management of grade 4 atrophic acne scars: a pilot study.
- The contradictory inefficacy of methotrexate in hidradenitis suppurativa: a need to revise pathogenesis or acknowledge disease heterogeneity?
- Adalimumab every other week combined with dexamethasone pulses for the treatment of refractory hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Review on characteristics and analytical methods of tazarotene: an update.
- Proceeding report of the third Symposium on Hidradenitis Suppurativa Advances (SHSA) 2018.
- Assessment of topical corticosteroid prescribing, counseling, and communication among dermatologists and pharmacists.
- Real-world drug usage survival of spironolactone versus oral antibiotics for the management of female patients with acne.
- The utilization of bacterial cultures in dermatology.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: a systematic review and meta-analysis of therapeutic interventions.
- Quality-of-life research in acne vulgaris: current status and future directions.